Thursday, October 2, 2008

Milos Restaurants

Well, visiting a Greek Island, definitely you seek to visit its unique beauties, but you also seek to find restaurants for enjoying your summer nights.

In Milos I had the chance to visit some nice restaurants- I will call them tavernas from now on and I would like to share with you my impressions. I start with my favourite one, the "Petrino" at Zefiria.

Zefiria is a village in the mainland of Milos, at the way for the beach of Agia Kiriaki. Is easily approached from the port Adamantas too. Zefiria is not Milos tourist-attraction, but is a very nice and quiet place. Also the restaurant, does not have a great view to the sea as you might looking for, but for me, the fact that I was eating in a quite, small and nice village, was a great feeling. You could visit the attractions over the day or to visit them later :)

Manolis, the owner of the restaurant; a very friendly person together with young Ilias make a wonderful team. The restaurant offers a variety of Greek foods like: Keftedakia (meatballs), Summer varieties like Gemista, Mousakas and many more. In other words, for whatever you will choose to eat there, the food quality is very high and mostly: HOME MADED! This is what does that corner unique. You are for holidays and after all you end up eating just like home! I really enjoyed that feeling! By visiting that taverna you feel more part of the island, and really hosted from its people, instead of just visiting an unknown place where everybody see you as a tourist.

By the way, I really enjoyed tasting simple things at that restaurant like: Pittakia (small cheese pies, a Milos delicatessen), Fried potatoes (yup, just plain potatoes!), Baked Feta (feta; a greek variety of cheese) and Keftedakia (meatballs). Yeah I know, that you might think that I did not eat something very different, but guys, tasting this food at your holidays, when you are sick of eating outside, eating home maded food, makes you very satisfied.

Of course I will come back with more restaurant reviews, but this post is mostly dedicated to that restaurant, that made my summer nights so Greek and so friendly.

And yes, if you plan to buy a house in Milos I am sure that these guys will help you a lot: Properties in Milos

Thanks for reading!
Properties in Santorini

No comments:

 
My Zimbio
Top Stories